Sunday, September 16, 2007
Sunday
Well, the mammogram was interesting, especially the bit where they said, now you have to wait for the doctor to look at the results and then she's going to come and talk to you and examine you some more.... I was a bit scared, actually. The doctor however was extremely nice, and she did an echographie, which was quite interesting, and showed me all the results of the tests. Apparently I have got cysts with fluid inside them, it's quite common, the doctor said, and not anything malignant. Of course the echographie was not free, like the mammogram, but I guess it's money well-spent, and I get most of it back anyway.

I was a bit shaken when I went home and spent quite a bit of Friday evening quaking at the thought of what I would have done if there had been a real problem. It kind of brought home to me that I haven't really made a lot of plans for the future - I've always been busy trying to get through the day at hand. I haven't even thought when my next holiday will be!

Yesterday was consequently a rather quiet day, I did do a bit of shopping, and housework, and unfortunately my washing machine has chosen this moment to get its "on" button stuck and will not work. I have no idea when I will be able to get it repaired, as it's bound to involve a lot of waiting around at home..... fortunately there is a laundry in the street, and I can use that for the time being.

I have not done a stitch this week, what with all the goings on (or lack of them) at work, and the consequent stress, and the whole mammogram thing, I spent most of the week worrying about something. Actually the doctor on Friday asked me about menopause and was I taking a treatment or anything, and of course I'm not, what I know about menopause could be written on the head of a pin. So I did buy myself a book called "Menopause for Dummies", as I felt so ignorant. I have only read portions of it, as some of it is quite horrifying, all sorts of medical details, but I suppose it's better to be prepared.

Well, I think I shall go out to the supermarket, then come back and try and do some stitching, see how I go - I only hope that next week is more productive!

Just to finish, the worst rugby-related add I have seen was in the metro yesterday - a bed with a rugby ball on it, and the text "Make a try, and you will be converted", to this brand of bed....
 
posted by Ally at 1:09 pm ¤ Permalink ¤


1 Comments:


  • At 12:08 pm, Blogger Kathryn in NZ

    So glad all is ok health-wise. Hang in work-wise, what goes around does come around.
    Stitching vibes for you!