Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Moving House
To the Cleopatra Hotel Apartments on Saturday.... Leo said I really had to, as it is much cheaper, but actually it doesn't worry me, apart from not having an indoor swimming pool any more. There is an outdoor pool, also a gym with sauna, steambath and jacuzzi, so I will just have to manage :)


Yesterday I was so cross with the Holiday Inn, I had left a bag of laundry, plus the "please collect laundry" tag on my door, when I left for work at 8:15 am. I came back at 7:00 pm to find the bag still in my room, with the tag from the door perched on top of it. Then I went into the bathroom to find everything artistically arranged, but no face flannels. So I push the Housekeeping button on the phone, no answer..... so I then steam downstairs to reception to tell them what I thought. Of course they suggested that I left the laundry tag after 9am, but I know that is not the case, I was at work by 8:30 am.


So this morning I rang the Cleopatra, and they remembered me, and I have got their last apartment, thank goodness. I hope the weather is fine at the weekend, so that I can sit in the garden and swim in the outdoor pool. It rained last night, and there was thunder and lightening, apparently at 5am - Alec said he was watching it from his balcony. Everyone is happy about the rain, it hasn't rained here for a long time, and water reserves are very low indeed.

I feel slightly tired, I did get woken up by the thunderstorm, and I slept only fitfully after that. Alec is lucky not to need much sleep, he always gets up early, but I never can...... Leo is also an early riser, he is disgustingly cheerful in the mornings. And for the rest of the day as well, it can get a trifle wearying at times.
 
posted by Ally at 11:53 am ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments: