Sunday, January 02, 2011
Second New Start
First, yesterday's progress, not bad for me:

Now it is in the case I have bought to put all these works in for transport, as they will be going to Apeldoorn next Sunday.

I am about to try and book my Thalys ticket, if the French railways internet site will recognise the existence of Apeldoorn, which they wouldn't yesterday. And our work housing bureau calls it APELDOOM, which surely must be a Freudian slip! Actually it is not a bad little town, or would not be, if it were not covered in snow and ice, but there are some strange aspects of life there. Even buying food is very different from Paris, and I cannot say I am a fan of the Albert Hein supermarket!

Today's choice is the Rabbit Garden Sewing Set by Elizabeth Ann Talledo:

One of the reasons I chose this is that I recently acquired both the Lace Scissors and Mother of Pearl Ruler that it is designed for. I am using 32 count Lambswool linen from Permin, together with (mostly) the recommended threads. The pattern says they are all GAST, but I really cannot find a GAST colour called Juniper, whereas there is a Weeks Dye Works Juniper, so I wonder about that one.

I'm already thinking about the remaining ones......... Kathryn asked me what this was all about, and it is just a challenge I read on another blog, to start 15 new projects on the first 15 days of January, and finish them in 2011. Easy to see why it is called Crazy January Challenge, as it is simply not the sort of thing I should be thinking of at all, but I could not resist. The only comfort is that there are a few other crazy people out there!

Thank you for all the New Year greetings, too - let's hope we can all get it together and make 2011 a great year!
 
posted by Ally at 3:38 pm ¤ Permalink ¤


2 Comments:


  • At 8:34 pm, Anonymous Anonymous

    My goodness, you have to drag 15 projects back and forth between Paris and Apeldoorn... ?! At least you'll have plenty of time to stitch on the train... Dutch trains 'n all... ;o)

     
  • At 10:12 pm, Blogger Kathryn in NZ

    Crazy challenge indeed - but such fun! Wonder if starting and finishing 15 leotards will count, teehee.
    That rabbit garden set is too cute, you had to do that one definitely