Monday, May 14, 2007
Two Days Until My Holidays!
The weekend was very quiet........... on Saturday morning I went to Brentanos, Des Fils Et Une Aiguille (just for some threads) and the supermarket, then went home and did housework etc. Yesterday I got out of bed at 11:30am and I was back there by 4pm, I tell you I need this holiday!

I did do a fair bit of stitching, I will have to try and take another photo of Thread Gathering, and I started a little HIH freebie called "Spring Basket" - very simple, on some left-over linen, with my stock of GAST and WDW, I still have quite a bit of the right colours from HIH kits. I plan to take quite a bit of stuff away with me, as I am not taking the computer, and I want to have a complete break from reality.

Madame LA is giving me her shopping list for the UK, would you believe! I only hope it is not too expensive, heavy or troublesome to get. David asked if she was giving me her wallet too. I'm not really sure why she thinks it's OK to behave as though I am the village idiot, then ask me to do her shopping for her. I think it is stuff from Marks & Spencers, I suppose there will be one near my hotel and I just hope there is not too much of it. I must also check and see if I have any pounds sterling at home, I'm not sure if I had a little bit left over from Northern Ireland.

Poor David, he is frantically bored in Cyprus, he is in the middle of writing Leo a begging letter, asking if he can come to the Netherlands (where there is a new project) right now. Leo is going to be the PD for it, and is already spending most of his time there. I told David I was going to visit bookshops in London, and he said he had nearly forgotten what it was like to live in a town with more than one bookshop.

Well, back to work for a bit,I am writing frantically today and tomorrow....
 
posted by Ally at 1:49 pm ¤ Permalink ¤


2 Comments:


  • At 2:13 pm, Blogger None

    I love the way you write !

    Have a great holiday.
    Greetings from The Netherlands.

     
  • At 10:41 pm, Blogger Kathryn in NZ

    Have a great holiday Ally - and when for when you get back, pop over to my blog and you'll see I've "tagged" you. It seems to be rolling around all the blogs at the moment, you've probably noticed. :)