Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Another New Week
And another new colleague has turned up, and promptly had a fit about people smoking in the office. Not that anyone smokes in our room, but along the corridor they do.... I wonder if this is the only country in the world where this is allowed. Actually I am pretty sure it is against EU legislation, but they haven't caught up with a lot of that yet.

I told him about the man in the hotel dining room one morning who came and sat down in the non-smoking section, lit up a cigarette, looked around for an ashtray, saw one in the smoking section, walked over and brought it back to the non-smoking section. His table was right next to a large sign on a post saying "non-smoking area" in both English and Greek! I guess he would be one of those people who can walk right over a rubbish bin rather than put anything in it. Like Aurelien at work who puts empty soft drink pack wrappers back in the fridge.

He also asked me what I did at the weekend, and I felt conscious that my life may be considered a bit boring, I mean, a walk to the Hilton bookshop is a highlight, and I spend hours doing embroidery, knitting and Sudoku. I am already getting excited about Saturday when I plan to visit the new Mall of Cyprus, the only shopping mall on the island. It has IKEA, Carrefour and some other shops, don't know exactly what. At least I should be able to get a few more coathangers.

And I also booked a facial at the hotel on Friday, I don't know what that will be like. They have a glossy brochure with a large range of treatments, but when I called to book, they told me they were only open from 10am to 6pm Monday to Friday, and referred to the "girl" who does the treatments. It was also really easy to get a Friday afternoon appointment, so I am wondering. But be fair, they have not been open long, and perhaps the "girl" has magic hands.
 
posted by Ally at 1:51 pm ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments: