Monday, December 03, 2007
Un Bon Weekend
I went to the Mall on Saturday, it looks just like a French mall, and possibly that can be explained by the presence of Carrefour, Grand Optical, Du Pareil Au Meme, Go Sport, as well as the other usual suspects, Zara, Massimo Dutti, Nine West, Mango, etc etc. Not very big, but pleasant in the morning before the crowds arrived. And there was a big bookshop with a huge selection of English books, great. I bought a few things I needed at Carrefour, and then I came back into the city and I bought black shoes with bows, just what I needed and I am wearing them now:

Plus evening bag I picked up from Accessorize:

Saturday evening I went out with the technical guy who is here for three weeks, we went to http://www.varoshiotis.com/fishtavern/ , a seafood restaurant not far from the office and our respective hotels. This is a great restaurant, I had fish croquettes followed by seafood pasta, which was simply enormous, with half a lobster, as well as mussels, prawns, fish.... I couldn't eat it all and wished I could take it home for street kittens.

And yesterday, I went to my Ulla Popken shop, I was just passing by on my way to the supermarket, and I saw it was just opening, this was at 10am, so I popped in. The shops will be open on Sundays until Christmas, which is quite nice, as winter Sundays here can be drear. So I bought a few tops and some underwear. The nice lady told me new stuff will be in on the 15th of December, so I'll have to pop along then as well. It is so good that Ulla Popken has opened here, there was a complete lack of clothes shops that I liked before.

Even with all this excitement, I did manage to do a bit of stitching, I am getting on well with Lizzie Kate's "Good Things Come to Those Who Stitch", plus have put a few stitches into the second side of the BRD biscornu. Here is previous progress on that "With All Your Heart" set from BRD:


Yes, those letters are one over one, amazing that I can still see, but I managed quite well, I am looking forward to finishing the second side and putting this together.
 
posted by Ally at 3:48 pm ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments: