Thursday, May 08, 2008
Yes, Still Alive
I'm completely over the jetlag by now, and feel really quite good - ready to get back into the fray of work on Sunday. I'm pretty sure I will be in the office in Sunday, as the great conversion kicks off on Friday night, and it will be all hands to the deck. In fact, Roddy was talking about me coming straight from the plane to the office on Saturday night, but I think I will go to hotel first at least.

I have not done a lot this week, apart from washing every article of clothing in sight, buying a few more (summer dress, tops, trousers, and two pairs of shoes), buying some yarn and also buying the three Toccata Four charts plus the linen and silks. I also got at the same time a Sylphide Toquee hornbook, the Chardon (thistle?) one, so I ended up spending about 150€ at Des Fils et Une Aiguille in the rue Chabanais. I'm off to Le Bon Marche to get some extra DMC after this, so I will be well-equipped for Cyprus. Of course, I've also bought a stack of sun block, moisturizer etc to take with me, so as usual the suitcases will be very well-filled.

I am also dealing with lawyers re Cyprus work permit again, it is now three years since I first applied! They are still asking for more documents, so I don't know what is going on, and now we have a new lawyer in the US, although the same one still in Cyprus.

Anyway, I'm going to spend a little while looking at all the things I've missed in the stash enhancement line while I've been away (it took me by surprise to see Toccata Four in the shop), then off to Le Bon Marche and then home to do some stitching, the first good session in a couple of weeks!
 
posted by Ally at 11:47 am ¤ Permalink ¤


2 Comments:


  • At 10:32 pm, Blogger Kathryn in NZ

    good flight vibes coming your way :)
    and good conversion vibes too...

     
  • At 1:53 pm, Anonymous Anonymous

    Goodness Ally, You didn't stay very long in NZ!! It's been 10 years since I've seen my Mum +Dad in NZ and I've always thought at least a month minimum would be good for a holiday!
    Happy to have you back anyway.
    Helen in Toulouse