Friday, March 28, 2008
The Real Friday Post
Someone just brought me a slip for a parcel! Oh, I hope it is Bella Bee - I can't go to find out until tomorrow morning, as the Post Office here closes at 1:30 pm. Fortunately the parcel is at the Post Office that opens for two hours on Saturday moring, the only one in town that does so. So the usual Saturday runaround will take place, I have to go for my facial tomorrow as well.

I found out more about the water restrictions, I live in the area that will get 8 hours of mains turned on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. There are other areas that get Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and on Sundays water will be monitored to see what is available and there may be some supply. Of course everyone is now running off to get larger tanks, so I am not sure how much this is going to save. Nicosia was originally going to be the only town on restrictions, but now both Lemesos and Larnaca are joining the party as well. I don't know what it will do for tourism, as it also affects hotels - I think some have their own desalination units, so can use sea water for some things, but that is only the big ones, I should imagine.

PS - I think I'm nicer than the meaning of my name suggests............ I don't going around crushing people at all!
 
posted by Ally at 2:53 pm ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments: