Monday, March 31, 2008
Here is Bella!

Sorry, Kathryn! Isn't she adorable? I rushed out yesterday to get the DMC I needed to do the stitching (thank goodness it is summer shopping hours, and the Debenhams that stocks DMC is open on Sundays), then spent the rest of the day stitching the needleroll. I can't finish it right now, as I need to wait a few days for Sew and So to send me some no 12 Perle cotton and Kreinik for this, but they are so good that I am sure it will only be a few days.

The needleroll is backed with green woollen material for sticking the needles into, and this rolls up and fits inside Bella. She has magnetized bits that keep her closed, plus serve as needleholders when she is open - for placing the needle in use while you are working.

Re Lady Scarlett, she is still sitting at home in her box, as she arrived when I was in the middle of the big French client stitching slump and fourteen hours a day work horror. Which was good, because she gave me something to look at at a very bleak time. But now that Bella is here, Lady Scarlett must join her in being completed soon!
 
posted by Ally at 9:19 am ¤ Permalink ¤


1 Comments:


  • At 10:16 pm, Blogger Kathryn in NZ

    She is lovely. I am resisting the whole Barnabee and Bella thing for this year, esp as Just Nan's 4 Wishes is still a WIP.