Friday, November 10, 2006
SBQ and Moan, Moan, Moan
One of these SBQ's:

How many different brands of "complete" embroidery floss sets do you own? How do you keep track of it? (i.e., spread sheet program, index cards, palm pilot, etc.)

I think I own a practically complete set of DMC floss, it is in three floss boxes plus a plastic bag! One of these days I will verify what's there and perhaps complete it. I also own a complete set of Danish Flower thread, just on a large ring holder. And I have almost complete sets of GAST and WDW stored similarly. Then there are the boxes with other types of thread that I've bought for specific projects, a couple of large boxes that gifts came in.

As far as keeping track of it is concerned, I don't. No spreadsheet, no cards, palm pilot etc. People often act surprised about this, because I am in IT, but I get enough of spreadsheets at work, people are always waving them at me. Also if I want to know if I've got something, I just look at it, it doesn't take five minutes, as opposed to the spare time I don't have to keep spreadsheets up to date. Time that I could spend stitching!

Actually I'm quite often amazed by the time that people will spend doing something that is supposed to save time - I wanted to be more organised around the house, so I looked at this Flylady thing where they give you all the tips on housework etc. It was so much more than I do that I was exhausted just reading one day's instructions! And I don't want to spend my time polishing sinks anyway.

Moan, moan, moan is about the HR Hologram, he has just sent a mail saying that I will need to apply all over again for the Cyprus work permit. He really has no idea.... I need to talk to the Resources Director, at least he has some vague idea of what I've been through.
 
posted by Ally at 4:38 pm ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments: