Tuesday, October 24, 2006
It is True! And some Pictures.
Yes, I really am reading Dickens, someone expressed a surprise at this.... but in fact, the reason is that there is a very good BBC production of Bleak House on Cyprus TV at present. I realised I had never read this, so I went out to get it. At school, we did Oliver Twist, Great Expectations, Nicholas Nickleby, A Tale of Two Cities, David Copperfield, Pickwick Papers and A Christmas Carol, so there's a few Dickens novels I haven't read.

I slept terribly last night - did not get out of here until after 8pm, went home and in fact knitted compulsively, tried to go to bed about 11:30pm, but had to get up again because I couldn't sleep. So I was finishing the Elise Duvekot square at 1am! It was a pretty easy square, actually. Next on the list is Michelle Wyman, and this is actually the last of the five easiest squares.

Here is Deborah Newton:

Jean Frost:

And Partita:


By the way, have thrown total fit about the whole lawyer business (I'd like to have seen THAT, Nicky said), and am promised that something will be done, but I will believe it when I see it.
 
posted by Ally at 10:57 am ¤ Permalink ¤


1 Comments:


  • At 5:25 pm, Blogger Anne S

    Love all the piccies today - the knitted squares look beautiful ... I don't have the patience for knitting, but envy those who do :) And Partita is exquisite, I just love it :D I laughed at Nicky's comment about your 'lawyer fit' ... definitely would have been an interesting show LOL.