Wednesday, October 18, 2006
Long, Long Days
Yesterday David and I left the office at 8:30 pm to go and eat pizza, Alec and Leo were still there talking about Greek translations of screens, I think they didn't leave until 10:00pm.

Of course I couldn't sleep, so I came at 8:00 am this morning, the head waiter looked freaked to see me at breakfast before 8:00 am. Normally I wouldn't get up until 7:30 am, since I don't go to bed until after midnight, but sleep totally eluded me, and there was nothing to do but get up. I really don't feel great, and am contemplating making a break for it at 7:00 pm, if possible.

We are also having terrible trouble with the lawyer here, and with my work permit, that still has not been obtained after 16 months. Mainly because he is such a useless type that he never does anything... he is trying to say that the ministry here has lost all my papers, but I think in fact he has, or he never made the application or something. Definitely there is something fishy about him.

Actually the first time I met him, he looked at my Chanel necklace and asked me if I thought his girlfriend would like a Chanel necklace for Christmas! Well, I don't know his girlfriend and he does, but she is a girl, isn't she? Any man who has to ask whether his girlfriend would like a Chanel necklace is seriously lacking. He is about 45 and has never married, I can see precisely why.

I guess Nicky is 48 and never married, but that is a mystery to me!
 
posted by Ally at 5:16 pm ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments: