Sunday, January 14, 2007
Bored, Bored, Bored
Really these weekends in Nicosia are something else.... it has to be the slowest place on earth, I think, apart from the traffic which is truly terrifying. Alec and I were talking the other day, and we both agreed that we now think twice before crossing roads, after what happened to Leo. I don't think he will be back this week even, and it is starting to be a problem that he is not there. We need him.

Today I did very little - had breakfast, stitched, went out for something to eat and had an afternoon nap. I've read my books I bought yesterday, and I have done all the Toccata 1 border except for the Queen Stitches, of course. Everything lines up, thank goodness, I was going to have a screaming fit otherwise.

Now it is 10pm or so, and the movie on CYBC 1 is "Pirates of the Caribbean", which seems to involve a lot of shrieking, so I've turned it off. It also has Keira Knightley, and I'm not a fan, she's one of these size zero types, so unhealthy looking. Although I thought she looked quite pretty at the start of the movie, it must have been before she started the dieting. There was a picture of her in a magazine last week, absolutely skeletal.

I had lunch at Sitio, which is somewhere we used to go occasionally, but I haven't been for ages. Chicken in wholegrain mustard sauce, with rice and vegetables, it was not bad, and it was £8.20 for that and a glass of wine. I am trying to eat at a more varied range of places, all the while without crossing any dangerous roads (yes, I know you think I am paranoid, but the problem is here that there are virtually no pedestrian crossings, and people speed routinely and drive on the footpath if they feel like it!). I will follow this plan this week also, and hope that my favourite creperie is open again after the holidays.
 
posted by Ally at 10:47 pm ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments: