Monday, January 14, 2008
Finish - Garden of Life
This is David's birthday present, finished over the weekend, now all I have to do is find a framer here and get that done. The photo is a bit distorted, I don't think I've quite mastered the new camera yet, but I think it has come out better than it would have done with the old camera. This is such a nice design, it makes me want to do some more Blackbird Designs, but I didn't bring any with me. I have just started (last night) on the 2007 Heart from Heart in Hand, as that is a nice small project for this week. Then I will think about something a bit larger.

Had a very quiet weekend, I finally managed to go to the pharmacy, and just got some Panadol Cold and Flu capsules which have completely chased away this cold, I only needed to take two and that was it. I also bought two new pairs of black shoes at Aerosoles sale, and a huge white jasmine candle in a glass at Zara Home. Plus the usual heap of newspapers and magazines, of course. Then I spent most of the weekend hibernating in my pyjamas to the scent of white jasmine. Nice to be able to get some stitching done in peace.

The big news I booked my trip to New Zealand, I will be flying Air New Zealand via London and Hong Kong. The fares are surprisingly cheap, economy class starts at 1000€ return (this is cheap when you think of the cost of a four hour trip to Cyprus), but I have booked something a bit more spacious, I need to be able to lie down and take a sleeping pill if necessary. I still get scared of flying sometimes, the ongoing legacy of all those Easyjet flights from Paris to Belfast. It's also easier for luggage etc, and lounge access, that sort of thing. Roll on the end of April!
 
posted by Ally at 10:05 am ¤ Permalink ¤


1 Comments:


  • At 10:33 am, Blogger Kathryn in NZ

    Yay for the finish, looks great! Fingers crossed for finding a good framer :)
    Will you be landing at AKL to transfer to Napier/Hastings? What airport "downtime" do you have? Enquiring minds want to know, LOL