Friday, July 04, 2008
Success At the Soldes
At present it is sales ("soldes") in Paris........ I've been here since Wednesday afternoon, and yesterday I did things like doctor, pharmacy, epilation, so today I went to Boulogne-Billancourt, out in the suburbs near Roland Garros, where there is a BIG Ulla Popken shop, three floors. For about 200 euros, I bought a dress, a cardigan, a swimsuit, a nightdress and a beach caftan, so I am quite happy. Everything was 30% off, very nice! Would you believe I really needed a swimsuit because, living in Cyprus, I have actually worn one out - I didn't think swimsuits actually ever wore out, they never have for me before, but there you are.

Then I came back on the metro to Sevres-Babylone and went to Le Bon Marche, where I found two Empreinte bras at 30% off, very good, because these are the ones I really like but they are normally nearly 100 euros each. So I had enough money left over to buy some Noro Kureyon sock yarn that is new in stock, three colours of it. After a nice lunch at Hippo, I was even happier. Now I'm home again and thinking of reading or falling asleep before I go out to get some groceries to take back to Cyprus tomorrow................. hope I survive the journey, the plane is fully booked, probably with the great unwashed on their 399 euro package tours.
 
posted by Ally at 2:54 pm ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments: