Thursday, October 16, 2008
Nearly The Weekend
Oh I am tired, and I am by myself today, all alone in our big room. The temporary inhabitants have moved back to their refurbished offices, and my colleague who was here to write a report has gone back to London - he has been here for three days, so I had some company.

The works on this building are nearly finished, evidently in about three weeks time, they will start on our floor, which is the last. I guess I will have to move somewhere else for a while, that will be interesting. I hope it will be to a no-smoking room, and one where the neighbours are fairly quiet. Quiet is pretty much a vain hope in Cyprus, actually, even the guy who has been here for three days commented that people is Cyprus seemed to get up very early and drive around or use earth-moving equipment at the crack of dawn. It is practically impossible ever to sleep in at the weekend, that is true, since construction sites and water deliverers like to operate at 7am on Saturdays and Sundays.

This week I have only been out to eat dinner once, on Tuesday - on Monday and Wednesday, I went to bed really quite early, 10pm or so, after working a bit on the Red Velvet Building Blocks. I am down to four and a half large squares to go, and I can see that after the weekend, I should have only one over one squares to go. These take a bit more time, and I really prefer to do them in daylight. It is dark now by the time I go home - about 6pm, I have been trying to do that every night, and only last night did I have to stay until 7pm for a conference call.

I'm not sure what it's going to be like if I have to stay here all winter by myself, I am actually still thinking about what I should be doing. I am supposed to want to work for Yehiel's new team of consultants, but really I am not sure this is me. It seems to involve a lot of admin stuff, which is very tedious, but, apart from that, I'm not sure how customer-focussed it is. So I might have a talk with the Big Boss when he comes next week. He is doing one of his flying visits, just a day, so hopefully he will have time for a quick word!
 
posted by Ally at 9:37 am ¤ Permalink ¤


1 Comments:


  • At 9:53 pm, Blogger Kathryn in NZ

    Vibes for some company for you (and a good decision from your bosses...)
    Go go go one over one - red blocks is going to look great when finished!