Saturday, January 03, 2009
New Year Finish
And here is "Home is Where You Hang Your Needlework" from Homespun Elegance - on Permin 32ct Tumbleweed, with Gloriana Charcoal and Belle Soie Red Fox.

It was supposed to be finished on New Year's Eve, but I lost two days this week, Tuesday and Wednesday, I have never felt so awful in my life. The medicine did not really feel as though it was working until Thursday, and now that I have finished it, I am just hoping that my improvement continues. I do feel a lot better now, so really need to take care not to get so sick again.

To this end, I have been shopping yesterday and today - socks, gloves, new hat, foot protectors made out of polar fleece. The latter I intend to wear to work, and I don't care who thinks they look silly. Our workplace is in Hauts de Seine, and it is always much cooler there than inside Paris. Frankly, if I could have found a balaclava, I would seriously have considered buying it, but they don't have those at le Bon Marche or at Monoprix. The problem is the early morning hours, when the temperature is very low indeed, well below zero. We have had snow in the night, but it goes by mid-morning, although I think there may be snow on the ground in the suburbs. I guess I will find out on Monday morning.

I am thinking about my next project, I am kitting up a few things, but for a couple have to wait for some more threads to arrive.... wait and see what I choose to fill in before they do.

The other news is I bought a Nespresso machine yesterday at Le Bon Marche, so at least I am now well supplied with hot drinks (more anti-illness measures). I love the preserved ginger flavour coffee that they have for Christmas!
 
posted by Ally at 7:36 pm ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments: