Monday, June 15, 2009
Wet, Wet, Wet
The weather in Stockholm was really terrible, rain from the time I arrived to the time I left. So I didn't go to Skansen, the open air museum, or walk around Djurgaarden etc. I did manage to walk around Gamla Stan, those cobblestones are quite hard going, but it is so picturesque - and it has attractions, such as the Royal Palace and Storkyrkan, that are inside.

I also of course visited a few bookshops, yarn shops and department stores, and bought quite a few books. I wish I could read Swedish, there are so many books that are not translated that look really excellent. And I wish I could have found an embroidery shop, I looked everywhere I could think of before I went to try and track one down - if anyone knows of anything, please tell me! I am certainly going back there, as it is only an hour's flight from here, and the weather can't always be terrible.

Must go, as I am meant to be writing very, very fast this morning to catch up on my designs......
 
posted by Ally at 9:01 am ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments: