Saturday, May 02, 2009
Shopping in Paris
I've been out this morning, to Des Fils et Une Aiguille, where I bought 18 hanks of Crescent Colours overdyed thread - it's wonderful that they stock this there now. Then on to WH Smith, where I bought a lot of books and some DVDs, including "Lark Rise to Candleford" Series 2.
I came home in a really good mood, then had this dreary man on MSN - he doesn't work for my company, but he has contracted for us a lot, and he is always trying to get on projects by hook or by crook. It is a little depressing, because he never has a good word to say for anyone, and I hate to think what he says about me to other people, based on what he says to me about them. Even my friends, like Nicky or David. To my face, he is always telling me that I am spoiled and snobbish, which is bad enough. Apparently his reason is that I always have pink handbags and like going to spas, pathetic! David and I actually think he tries to put people off so they will leave and there will be more place for him on projects.
Yesterday I started a new project, one of my Nashville purchases. here is the SBB photo of it:

It's LHN's Travelling Stitcher, and I did buy the pocket as well, so I have the whole kit. I've started with the needlebook, because I think I can finish that this weekend, and then move on to the big pocket. I think I am going to be sitting in the airport for a while tomorrow - I've decided to go quite early in case there is the same bun fight there was at security last time, when it took me an hour to get through, and the plane was an hour late leaving. I have luggage this time, so they wouldn't leave me behind at least, which is what I was worried about last time - fortunately last time, there were people behind me with luggage, and the captain decided to wait, because there were so many it would have taken ages to find the luggage and offload it.

Now I'm going to go and buy something for dinner, then settle down to some stitching and DVDs. I'm quite happy that my infected finger is healed - I ripped off part of a fingernail taking luggage down from the overhead locker in the plane a couple of weeks ago, and it has been sore, with nasty yellow stuff, but it has healed really well and I can type properly again.

 
posted by Ally at 4:56 pm ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments: