Saturday, August 22, 2009
Saturday in Tallinn
I am just sitting in my flat, feeling a bit blah, as I went out far too late last night and had far too much to drink - one of the guys who has been helping us out is leaving, and we also had visitors, two people from another of our projects who have been in Helsinki on vacation and came over on the boat for the weekend.

It hasn't been a great week, I have had to answer about a hundred queries of varying sense regarding the infamous EDs. However, at least our Special Snowflake is not around, let us be thankful for small mercies. Actually David was here one of the weeks I was away (more brilliant arrangements by our management, we were both totally sick about the timing), he had not met her before, but did not take to her. A cold fish, was his verdict, and I think that's a fair summary. She's just fine as long as everything is done her way. I think we are spared her for another week, let's hope so. I expect she and Monsieur Snowflake are on one of their terribly trendy holidays in Goa or Japan or something.

Another thing that has happened this week is that a medicine I take for anxiety has suddenly stopped working as well as it did. I am not particularly rapt in taking this stuff anyway, but it is better than having panic attacks on planes, in airports and in lawyers offices etc etc, so I do it. And it has been quite good until now. I haven't actually had any panic attacks this week, but I really have not been myself, and had a couple of sleepless nights, worrying about all sorts of things that I know I should not. I would have loved it if David had been here this week, as I could have talked to him about this, he is one of the few who knows about the problem. But I'll see the doctor when I go back to Paris next weekend, it will get sorted out.
 
posted by Ally at 3:19 pm ¤ Permalink ¤


1 Comments:


  • At 6:53 am, Blogger Margaret

    Poor you. I hope your doctor can help and you are soon back to your cheerful self.