Sunday, August 02, 2009
Home Again
What a journey! I left the hotel in Crete at 8am and got back to my flat in Paris at 10:30pm. This was via Athens and Budapest, and involved five buses to and from planes - only landing in Budapest was there an airbridge where you could walk directly on to the plane. And of course in Athens, I get on and find someone in my seat! I don't know why this always happens to me, and I've got no idea why people sit in seats other than their own - I ended up in the front row on this plane, which I don't like especially, with the woman who was in my seat in row 2 smirking at me every time I stood up. On the next plane, from Budapest to Paris, a woman made an attempt to get my seat, because she wanted to sit beside her friend. Since there were three passengers - me, this lady and her friend - and seven seats, I just looked at her and said I was staying where I was. She and friend ended up sitting in two separate rows, with two seats each, and not addressing a word to each other the whole way, so I have no idea why they needed mine.

I'm quite happy to be at home again, although I have a lot to do - lots more papers for Estonian work permit to print out and courier off to Tallinn! But I am not doing any work, since we finished the EDs on time. There are questions arriving from the developers, but, as far as I am concerned, they can all wait. I estimate the first week back will be spent answering all of these, before I get to do whatever our lead architect thinks I ought to be doing.

Tomorrow I therefore have to go out and buy a printer, which is something I have been putting off, but I do really need one........ the alternative is to go into the office and print things out, but I really don't want to do that, it gives them the wrong idea if I turn up during vacation time.
 
posted by Ally at 2:00 pm ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments: