Saturday, January 02, 2010
2010 - Happy New Year!
A little belated, since yesterday all I did was sit here and listen to a Ruth Rendell book and feel cold - it is below zero here. I did nothing on New Year's Eve either, as again it was cold and extremely foggy, so not conducive to going out. I hope you all had a slightly more exciting time, however.

During the day on New Year's Eve, I went to the office to do a load of expenses, of course there was no-one there, so it was quiet and peaceful. I also took the opportunity to call my bank and open a new savings account, as it is part of my New Years resolutions to save more this year. In France we have rather a strange system of savings accounts, there are different types, with different tax rules and restrictions on how much you are allowed to have in each. I already have one where you may keep small amounts with quite good tax conditions, the new one is for larger sums and not so good interest, but still good tax conditions. You can only have one of each type, of course.

Apart from that, New Year's resolutions centre mostly on stitching etc this year....... I want to finish the UFOs from last year, there are about five smallish pieces that have been in limbo for a while. I also hauled out my Marquoir de Justine, which has only one stitch in it, literally, and I will work on that, then choose another large piece after that, and so on. That should see some progress. For knitting, I haven't really set any specific goals, except to use up some of my yarn, to which end I joined the 10 Shawls in 2010 group on Ravelry. I'm not at all sure that I can do ten, but there are a number I want to do - Ishbel, Revontuli, Citron - that I have the yarn for and can get on with. I cast on yesterday for an evening shawl in a fancy Katia yarn that I have had for a while. it won't take long, so that is a good one to start with. When I get back to Tallinn - about ten days time - I think it will be Revontuli, as all my Aad Long yarn is there.

Now I should actually get dressed, it is nearly 11am, and I am still sitting here in my pyjamas! Tomorrow I can't do this, or for the foreseeable future, as it is off to the training course this week, then back to Tallinn the week after.
 
posted by Ally at 11:21 am ¤ Permalink ¤


1 Comments:


  • At 10:01 pm, Blogger carole brungar

    Hi Ally! Happy New Year, and it is lovely to stumble across you! :) Your blog posts of what are probably mundane and very ordinary sound utterly lovely! haha.
    Carole