Tuesday, November 03, 2009
Working at Home
I've decided I hate working at home! I find myself talking to the potplants, as there is no-one else here. I have to go out in the middle of the day when it is still light and hopefully not raining or else go bonkers.

Yesterday I did go to Des Fils et Une Aiguille and did NOT find Joyeux Noel sadly, but I did find the pink breast cancer scissors from Kelmscott. Also went to Ulla Popken and bought six vests (caracos, as they are called in French), first time for years I've even thought of wearing these, but necessary in Tallinn, I think, plus a fleece jacket, a cardigan and a tenue d'interieur, which is fancy velvet pyjamas for wearing at home at the weekends. I'm wearing the top part of these now, having put them on this morning, then exchanged the bottom half for jeans to go out in.

Today I went to visit a cafe called L'Oisivethe, quite a long way from my place, it's in the 13th. They sell yarn as well as food - I had lunch, which was two boiled eggs with bread fingers, ham and salad, then a coffee with cookie, icecream and fruit, and I bought two skeins of yarn to make a ruffled scarf. I'm into ruffles at the moment, having finished the ruffled Miss Marple shawl.

Tomorrow I may go to the office, I have this heap of receipts, so I think they owe me money.... sigh, all that gluing, I hate glue, I always manage to get it over everything.
 
posted by Ally at 5:55 pm ¤ Permalink ¤


2 Comments:


  • At 8:59 pm, Blogger Kathryn in NZ

    for your collage, have you tried the Pritt glue rollers?? They're seriously cool, and not messy at all
    I have them and the Pritt correction rollers at the office and love them.
    Glue sticks are really good too.

     
  • At 2:07 pm, Blogger Kadri

    Ahh, lucky you gets to live in Paris. I'm so jealous!
    Did you liked Tallinn? It's where I grew up and still work.
    Do you have a Ravelry account? :)