Thursday, October 01, 2009
A Little Photo
This is the nearly finished front of my Loose Feathers needlebook - note the nice checked linen, the difference between the colours is a bit more pronounced in real life. I've been doing this on and off between the necessary knitting (of which I think some colleagues are a bit envious, they have started to see that knitting is a practical activity in Estonia).

Last night I went out with the team for the first time in ages, and actually we were minus the Snowflake, who is obsessed with yoga and had a yoga session. We went to the Villa Thai, which everyone loves, and the manager is always very nice to us. Our PD had ice-cream, which always puts him in a good mood, and there was no excessive drinking or gluttony, and we left at a decent hour. I was happy not to have the Snowflake there, as she had been pouring scorn on me earlier, because I am silly enough to buy music from Itunes instead of illegally downloading it like she does.

And tomorrow afternoon I am going to Helsinki on the fast ferry, to stay two nights in the Radisson SAS there, I got a really good weekend deal, as this is mostly a business hotel. I have not been on the ferry to Helsinki before (when I last spent a weekend there, it was by plane from Paris), so let's hope there is no sea-sickness involved. I only plan to do a little sightseeing and shopping there, nothing strenuous!
 
posted by Ally at 9:44 am ¤ Permalink ¤


3 Comments:


  • At 12:53 am, Anonymous Anonymous

    I have been reading your blog for almost a year...it's about time I let you know! lol!
    I really enjoy all your stitching and knitting, and especially all your travels.
    Just wanted to let you know someone has been reading your blog and appreciating it!

     
  • At 1:51 am, Blogger Kathryn in NZ

    There's always one fly in the ointment! Let her be scornful - you have right on your side.
    Have fun in Helsinki. I met some lovely Finns when I was in Oxford in Sept.

     
  • At 9:01 am, Blogger Margaret

    Enjoy Helsinki. And when you are next posting can you tell me what the name of that gorgeous checked linen is