Monday, September 14, 2009
The Common Cold
Everyone on the team is or has been sick - apart from one person, who just had a giant hangover, it was some variation of cold, sore throat, flu. I have to wonder if it was that hairy vest that gave us all something! We saw it every day last week until Friday, when the Snowflake left for Paris at the crack of dawn - I heard that she was on the 6:40 plane and she had been out until about 3am, good luck to her, I could never do that, I am too old for such things.

Actually I was not at all well myself from Friday onwards, and went home early, to bed. Then I got up for about an hour on Saturday and went to the supermarket and back to bed. On Sunday, again it was up for an hour or so, and I managed to make it as far as the yarn supermarket at Rocca al Mare before I felt faint again and had to come back. To console myself for being sick, I bought six skeins of Novita Puro, a yarn with long colour changes like Noro Kureyon, but considerably softer and considerably cheaper - less than 2.50€ for a skein! The colours are just great. Then I went back to sleep, only waking up to watch Dalziel and Pascoe and Race to the Pole on BBC.

Yesterday I wasn't sure that I would make it to work today, I had the aches and pains so badly, but all the sleep must have done some good, because I managed to get up at 6:30am today and get myself to the Swissotel to catch our team bus to work - whether I will last until 6pm and the bus back is another matter. I have to go to Paris on Thursday evening, so I have to be well for that, as I have an appointment at the Estonian Embassy on Friday.
 
posted by Ally at 9:54 am ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments: