Friday, January 22, 2010
Homeward Bound, Almost
I'm going home tomorrow for a week, and I have to say I am ecstatic, since the temperature in Paris is 5 degrees and in Tallinn it is normally about -15, sometimes even colder. Someone told me they were expecting -30 over the weekend, but I don't know if this is wild exaggeration or what. Anyway only one more sleep and I will be on my plane to Copenhagen and then another one to Paris.

This week has not been particularly great from a work point of view either, and it has been a bit of a struggle to keep on an even keel, since there are again many people in the room, and quite a few of them have no concept of how to behave in public, it seems. If I had one euro for every time people had not closed the door properly and left it rattling, I would be extremely rich. I wish Alec were here, he's rather good at getting people to close doors properly, they just don't dare not to. Also they don't dare to drivel on the way a couple of people have been doing today, it's so silly, some of the conversation here, that I can't possibly give an idea of it.

I'm going to try knitting on planes again tomorrow, as well, since I got a Knitpro needle set for Christmas (pink!!!) and the tips detach, so they can go in my pencil case and pretend to be pencils. I'm halfway through the Citron shawl, and I want to get it finished, so I can say that is one out of ten. Mine is from that excellent combination of Noro Kureyon sock yarn plus Rowan Kidsilk Haze in heathery mauves and greens, and I would really like to have it round my neck - I am wearing my Miss Marple every day, so a change would be nice. I also have yarn from the shop in Murivahe opposite the knitwear market by the Tallinn walls for the next shawl, which is Revontuli.

I have been doing a bit of stitching this week, also, but no great progress to report, I hope that will change by the time I come back. There's a fair bit to do at home, also work of course, but let us hope for progress!
 
posted by Ally at 1:40 pm ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments: