Monday, March 01, 2010
Spring in Paris
Well, today is beautiful, the sun is shining and it's warm, no rain so far at all. You wouldn't think there had been a storm at all - but sadly nearly 50 people were killed, mostly on the west coast of France, where it was very bad indeed. We were very lucky in the Paris area, from what I saw on television. There were trees down, including some at Versailles, but nothing like the storm of 1999-2000 when the park at Versailles was terribly damaged, as well as many other forests in the region.

I've been to the office to do my expenses cutting and gluing (I'm actually a week late with this, but I tend to spend my time in Tallinn working!), then left immediately afterwards, as the only other person there was Sylvain, who depresses me, and I don't want to be depressed. It's nearly the end of my working day now - when I'm at home, I try to stop at 5pm Tallinn time, since I always check my email when I wake up , which is 7am or earlier. It's worth doing that, to get a headstart on the day, and to know whether I'm going to be able to finish early and take advantage of the lengthening days. The weather is so much better than last time I was home, and I've already been able to walk around quite a bit, without freezing to death or being rained or snowed on.

Time to go and do a bit of work, then get the stitching out!
 
posted by Ally at 4:00 pm ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments: