Friday, December 22, 2006
Friday
This morning I had breakfast by myself in the hotel, there was no-one else in the dining room, and now I am sitting by myself at work, David and Alec have gone home of course, and the boys from Singapore have departed for Christmas as well. It is also raining, so the whole thing is fairly depressing. I also have virtually nothing to do, except write some configuration notes, so I am rather bored.

Today may well be the last day before Christmas that I update here, so I will take the opportunity to wish everyone who reads a Merry Christmas... I don't think I have so many regular readers, but I know there are a few who do.

I am hoping I don't spend the Christmas holidays ill, as I did in August. I want to be able to do some things, like go to my Waou club again, and tidy up my apartment, and so on. I did think of trying to go away, but I remember the snow storm last year in Copenhagen, so I am not anxious to repeat that one.

I will be going home quite early today, to pack up all my stuff, actually it is not too bad, I will be leaving a few things here in the cupboard. I am supposed to come back on 6 January, but we shall see. I talked to the new lawyer on the phone today, and she tried to tell me that I should go to the Cyprus Embassy in Paris and get a visa! Then five minutes later she rings and says she's talked to their immigration agent and I don't have to do this, but please carry a lot of cash when I enter the country. I am certainly not doing this! Also I have to carry a lot of documents, which she is supposed to send me. The whole thing is perfectly ridiculous, but we shall see what happens.
 
posted by Ally at 10:44 am ¤ Permalink ¤


1 Comments:


  • At 5:18 pm, Blogger vee

    Hi Ally! Just wanted to let you know that I am one of your regular readers. I enjoy seeing the beautiful pieces that you do because they are so different from needlework that I see where I live. All the best in 2007!