Thursday, February 14, 2008
Good News!
It seems I have successfully prodded all the expenses and admin people into action, not only for me, but for everyone else as well. For me, they are making me a payment this week to cover the oldest unpaid expenses, and the Big Boss has now asked everyone to send details of their unpaid claims to his admin assistant, who is busy compiling the huge list of amounts that need to be paid right now. Of course the expenses people are preserving silence and they probably have a dartboard shaped picture of me on their wall, but this needed doing!

Apart from that what have I done this week? Well, I did the backstitching around the front piece of "Petit Coeur" and have started the backstitching around the back piece, which is difficult, because it is just a blank piece of linen with backstitching, and I have to be very careful about the counting, otherwise it will not match up when I come to assemble it.

I've also finally started the Wiehenburg Quaker Mystery, which is huge and is going to be slow going. I am doing it on 32 count lilac Belfast with Gloriana Seaweed silk, and this is already giving a good effect, I can tell from the part of the first motif I have stitched. I don't see catching up to the pages already issued (page 8 comes out tomorrow) until I go on holiday in April, but hopefully I can do so then. The design is close to 60cm x 60cm, so I am working with a piece of linen 80cm sqaure.

I've also been out to dinner twice, Wagamama and Nandos, as Roddy and Alec have been here this week, although both are going home today. Alec is coming again next week, not sure whether Leo will be as well, I think he is in Poland this week.

As usual, looking forward to the weekend, so that I can get on with a few things - it's nice not to have the responsibility of housework, supermarket shopping etc etc. All I do is my own washing and ironing, so that leaves a bit of time for other things.
 
posted by Ally at 10:56 am ¤ Permalink ¤


1 Comments:


  • At 11:33 am, Blogger Kathryn in NZ

    Yay for you! Serve them right, it's just not on to hold monies owed like that. Besides, how else are you going to afford new stash to replace all the finishes you're achieving these days, hmm?
    :)