Monday, March 15, 2010
Monday Again
I've spent the weekend packing things, and not sleeping well. Also I spent three hours on Saturday on our corporate travel site trying to book a ticket to Hobart, this was just such fun, since every time I put in "Hobart", the answer was something like 5000 euros via Katmandu. I have ended up, I hope, with a ticket for Melbourne, so I have to brave the site again to get a Melbourne to Hobart return. Honestly I'm not sure how they expect us to do long-haul stuff on a website that is weird at the best of times.

Of course I still don't know where I am staying or what I shall be doing there.... I've sent off emails about these things, but answer comes there none, hence the not sleeping well.

On Wednesday I'm going home for a few days, to try and sort out a few things, and get a head start on packing for Hobart. I really, really hope my Nashville package is there, that will be the one positive note in the whole thing. I was talking to David earlier, and telling him that I was rather annoyed and disorientated about all of this, and unusually for him, he said he didn't blame me. He tends to try and make me see the funny side of things, but Tasmania for a month at short notice defeated even him.
 
posted by Ally at 8:34 pm ¤ Permalink ¤


2 Comments:


  • At 10:43 pm, Blogger Kathryn in NZ

    I'm not surprised he's sympathetic. Talinn to Tasmania is, as my mum would say, "from the sublime to the corblimey"
    Any chance of your sister visiting while you're there?

     
  • At 11:11 pm, Anonymous Anonymous

    Crikey, could they send you anywhere further just for a month?? That's just plain madness! Good luck getting everything done in time for your trip :)