Monday, January 10, 2011
Totally Exhausted
My trip to Den Haag today was uneventful, but incredibly tiring......... I started my new piece on the train, but did not get a lot done and have not had the energy to take a photo yet - I will see if I can continue tonight.

Today's new start is this one, the Necessities Sampler by LHN:

I am using a 32 count Belfast, the colour of which I cannot remember, and the recommended DMC threads for this.

Tiredness aside (I must be getting old, it is less than two hours by train to Den Haag), Den Haag is so far my favourite city in the Netherlands. After the official appointment, I did some shopping and had lunch before I came back. The shops there are excellent, and I could have spent a lot more than I did. I don't know how I'm going to feel after going to Amsterdam on Thursday - this is for a training course (very interesting, not, about estimating how long work is going to take), and it will be eight hours of training and four hours of train travel. The one good thing about all this train travel is that, for French employees, it is in our collective agreement that we can travel first class on trains, so at least I get peace and quiet and a bit more space.

Back to the office tomorrow, it will be interesting to see what they have got up to in my absence. Think I will wear lime-green crochet capelet that I bought in the sale at De Bijenkorf, that will wake them up!
 
posted by Ally at 6:59 pm ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments: