Thursday, June 15, 2006
Chez Le Client....
We went, Gil & I, with Sylvain to the potential client, first to our partner, the integrator - I seem to have been walking all over Paris all day. First we took the train to St Lazare, then walked uphill to the integrator, then we walked from there to the potential client at rue de Washington. Thank God we had lunch after that, but then we walked to the RER at Etoile. At least we didn't have to walk all the way to La Defense.

As soon as we got back, our very inelegant French pre-sales consultant rushed up to me and said "Qu'est-ce que vous vous foutiez chez X sans que je le sache?", which is so rude that I am not translating it. I just looked at him and told him to speak to Sylvain about this, and I am not speaking to that guy again.

I have also had D trouble today, he was busy commanding me to ring Rosetta three seconds before we went out - I gave him short shrift, and told Sylvain how rude he was.

On the plus side, I got a book from FNAC, which is Petits Points et Toile de Lin by Marjorie Massey, who is a French designer, her designs are the Passé Composé series, very nice, lots of hearts and so on. I think I should make something from that in August. I also have the book Petits Cadeaux Brodés by the women who did the Cartonnage book, that's another one for August. Which I am looking forward to very much. I spoke to Sylvain about the extra week of holiday, and I think he will agree. It will all depend upon whether we get this client and what the planning is for that.

Sylvain did also say that, not only do I speak correct French, I express myself in French better than many French people. That was quite nice of him, I hope he was not just trying to butter me up. It was also really nice to see Gil, I like him so much, he has a wicked sense of humour.
 
posted by Ally at 5:50 pm ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments: