Friday, April 06, 2007
Easter is Nearly Here!
I did go to sleep quite early last night, but I didn't really want to get up this morning, I only came to work at 9:15. And I am contemplating going home again at 5pm, after spending two hours this afternoon presiding at the bureau de vote for our employee elections. As there was only one candidate for each position, both were elected, but neither had a majority. Personally I would slit my wrists if that happened to me when I was the only candidate, but I think both were standing for reasons other than to serve the voters!

I am going to sneak out at 5pm and get an early start on the weekend, tidy up a few things, as I will be out for a lot of tomorrow.... I got invited by Eliane to a barbecue at her place in the suburbs, so it will mean quite a late night, I guess. I don't really want to go, but it wouldn't be politic to refuse, and I gather it is some huge place that is her pride and joy, I don't know what that will mean by French standards. I guess I just try to show the appropriate admiration, people here don't know much about my background, so there are very few who know that I grew up somewhere that makes your average suburban house look very pokey and cottagey indeed. I have nothing against cottages, and indeed I am generally quite happy living in my 29 square meters in Paris, but it takes a lot to impress me housewise.

Tomorrow morning I want to go and look at the stitching shops at Versailles - if they are still there!
 
posted by Ally at 4:31 pm ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments: