Saturday, April 14, 2007
A Fruitless Excursion
As I said last week, I could not find Le Coeur A Ouvrages in Versailles, and thought it was closed for Easter - today I found that it was closed full stop! I asked in a shop round where it should have been, and it turned out that this was actually the shop that it had been and it changed hands not long ago, to become a clothes shop, quite nice, but not what I was looking for. I'm actually very surprised, because it was featured in the most recent issue (March) of a French stitching magazine!

After that, I went to Aerosoles and bought two pairs of summer work shoes (slingbacks with open toes), in taupe and black, and then to Des Fils et une Aiguille for some linen and some Au Ver A soie silk thread. And I've just got home at 4pm after being out since 9:30, so it's been a long day for so little shopping.

It's very hot, and is scheduled to be even hotter during the week (up to 27 degrees). I hope our friends from Indianapolis have brought their summer clothes. My plans now are to stitch a little, have a nap and then wake up and write up my notes from yesterday and send them to Madame LA at some unearthly hour of the night - give her a guilty conscience, I hope! I did not sleep well last night, I was simply too enervated, this happens sometimes after a PA session. Our trainee has commented on the amount of energy I use during these sessions, I don't think she realises what being an architect is like. Practically all graduates - well, all the ones I meet anyway - want to do this job, but really they don't seem to understand what you have to put into it. And I think it is a better job for a more mature person, I couldn't have done it when I was 30, and I am glad I spent a long time as a programmer, a team leader, a construction manager, in customer service, etc etc. The more experience you have, the better. Oh well, off my soapbox and onto the bed!
 
posted by Ally at 5:24 pm ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments: