Tuesday, April 10, 2007
Very Long Day!
I got up at 6:00 am to finish my slides for today... I left for work at 7:35 and got there at 8:25, it was just me, the cleaners and the boss of the clients - he looked mildly surprised to see me there so early. Remember this is France where it is quite normal to work from 10 to 7, instead of 9 to 5, or 8 to 4 or whatever. Even if you get there at 6:00 am, it is pretty difficult to escape before 6:00 pm. If you hear about the 35 hour week, it does not apply to professionals.

We had our workshop from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm, then again from 2:00 pm to 5:45 pm! I got home at 7:30 pm. Given that our lead architect was not there, she is on holiday this week, I had to talk for a huge amount of that time, and about something that I have only worked on for a couple of weeks (as opposed to a year for her). It's a new development espcially for this client, and very idiosyncratic, so it's not something where I can just guess or go from other experiences - well, not entirely, although there are some parts like that.

Thank goodness next workshop is not until Friday, they changed the program a bit this week. So I have two days to document and do some new slides....although frankly I feel like spending them sleeping.

Tonight I shall do some stitching and tomorrow I am not getting up at 6:00 am, more like 8:00 am.
 
posted by Ally at 8:53 pm ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments: