Tuesday, August 07, 2007
More of my Lazy Vacation
I'm really not doing anything, yesterday I went to work for about two hours, much to Sylvain's surprise. He is a fine one to talk, he is famous for working during vacations. Then I met Suzette for lunch at a Danish restaurant on the Champs Elysees. She had never tried Danish food before, and was impressed by the pickled herrings. It was a really nice restaurant, quite expensive, but my treat, as she is going home to Manila for a while, owing to the latest work permit fiasco. She did have the choice of working from London, but as she said, there is no-one else there and she would just be on the phone to either Paris or Manila the whole time. I hope she's not away too long....

Really it's amazing how much less tense I feel, being away from our client and not having to travel for three hours a day. I'm looking forward to the trip to Zurich on Friday, it is four and a half hours by train, from Paris Est on the new high-speed line that only takes two hours twenty minutes to Strasbourg (it was at least four hours before, I think, lomg, anyway). I've never been to Zurich before, so I decided to stop for two nights on the way to Oberlech, which is where I am staying in Austria. I should get a fair bit of stitching done on the train, which is also brand new and very comfortable, apparently. At least it will be clean looking, unlike some of the French TGVs which are, frankly, very old and shabby. Even Eurostar is looking a bit tired, in my opinion.

I'm out and about today, to pick up my train ticket and do various other errands. It is at least fine and sunny, without being searingly hot as it was over the weekend. Yesterday there was a huge storm in the morning, I was drenched on the way to work. And the forecast for the rest of the week is not great. I'm taking quite a lot of stitching and books to Austria in case the weather is vile there as well.
 
posted by Ally at 1:47 pm ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments: