Monday, July 23, 2007
Interesting Little Victory
I just got an email from the Ombudsman in Cyprus, to say that my application for a work permit had not been properly processed at all, basically the department concerned had not done the right thing to start with and then of course they did nothing at all. Apparently because I am a long-term resident of France, it should have all been processed quite quickly!

And this was one of the things I kept on saying to the useless lawyers i.e. I'm a permanent resident of France, isn't the procedure different? No, they kept on saying. I've just said to our resources director not to pay them if they are still asking us for money.

Obviously I'm quite happy about this, but it would have been even nicer if they had done the right thing in the first place and not put me through two years of waiting for a non-existent work permit.

It was funny when the letter came this morning about this, I was already thinking about Cyprus, because I was reading Christine Bishop's article about Lefkara in Inspirations, which finally arrived today. I had hoped there would be a project as well, but no... I think it would have been a good idea to put in a project, to encourage people to take it up. She does refer to the book by Androula Hadji-whatsit, but without telling people where to get it (I think the easiest way is probably to order via internet from the Moufflon bookshop in Nicosia).

Anyway, I'm supposed to be updating the PA report again, still, I am getting thoroughly sick of that document. And it's pouring with rain again, what a life! Anyway I am escaping at 5pm, I have to go to Monoprix and the pharmacy. Then home to finish the Daisy sampler, I am very close indeed.
 
posted by Ally at 3:22 pm ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments: