Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Illness and Meetings
Well, I did escape from the endless round of meetings today, but only to go to the doctor and find out that I have an angine - in French, this is a throat infection, not what it sounds like in English (a severe heart disease), thank goodness. Still uncomfortable enough, however, I have blocked ears, nose and throat, it comes and goes. But the really annoying thing is that my psoriasis is a lot worse, bits of it have been quite painful over the past week or so. Of course it is aggravated by stress and overheating. The latter has occurred because we have alternately searing heat and gray, rainy days, and everyone turns the heating on on those days, because, if it is raining, it must be cold.

So great news! I get to sleep with bits of clingfilm wrapped around the parts where the psoriasis is severe, to contain the ointment that will do its job at night. All I can say is that I hope it is not too hot at nights, and it's probably a good thing I am not married. Very alluring, clingfilm. Actually I just had the terrible thought that to some people it might be. Gruesome.

So I have just come back from the pharmacy, with a large bag containing 80 euros worth of medicine, and now I am going to go and buy a large roll of clingfilm at the supermarket. I wouldn't be surprised if I had to buy Ben and Jerry's Cookies and Cream as well.

Naturally I still have work to do, I am redrawing all the diagrams for the report, as directed by the lovely client, who has been dictating the text to us. I was talking to David about this last night, he is more appalled each time I tell him what goes on.

Anyway, better go, the supermarket awaits...
 
posted by Ally at 7:01 pm ¤ Permalink ¤


1 Comments:


  • At 10:24 am, Blogger Kathryn in NZ

    That project is obviously a danger to the health of all those working on it - poor you! Weather down under is equally variable: floods in Hawkes Bay while today in Auckland was a beautiful blue stunner.
    Thinking of you.