Wednesday, December 12, 2007
A Development
Well, our client had their big meeting yesterday, and decided to postpone going live until 1 March i.e. another two months..... this isn't really what we expected, and apparently it was a very close decision. Roddy (a super project director who arrived especially for the big meeting) and Leo are quite upset about it, as it means they have to rearrange the universe now. For one thing, it has been asked by the client that Alec and I stay until the end of April, which is much longer than anyone expected, and we would have expected to be elsewhere by then, well and truly.

I don't know what to do about Christmas, I didn't have anything planned, but all the planes out of here are booked until Boxing Day, so I can't go home (not that there is any point going home while shops, banks and doctors are closed). Maybe I should just book a hotel in Limassol or Ayia Napa, with a heated pool..... and then Nicky was talking about coming to Cyprus as well, so I don't know what to do. Apart from I think I will fly to Paris on Boxing Day and back here at the weekend, which would be just before New Year. That would give me a chance to do the Paris things, including hairdresser, and take back clothes I will not need in winter.

This is something quite unexpected, and I am surprised at how well I am dealing with it - if it had happened last year, when I was having all the troubles with the lawyers and travel insurance and everything else, I would have been disconsolate for days, and really gloomy.

Tonight we are all going out for fish meze, this will be five men and me, as usual when we have these gatherings. This will be the biggest gathering for a long time, and soon it will be just Alec and I again..........
posted by Ally at 10:00 am ¤ Permalink ¤