Friday, October 31, 2008
Red Velvet Finish
Last night I put the last stitches into this one - there is nothing in the "N" square, because there should be a small needle in there, I need to order one from Sew and So.

I am quite pleased to have finished, it takes my total of finished for the year to twelve, which is one per month already. So it looks as though I have done something this year, unlike last year, when I spent six months in the suburbs of Paris, travelling three hours a day.

Next project is going to be Just Nan's "Memories", which I have a rather expensive kit for. And there are a couple of small LHN designs I want to do as well. I do have some larger things that I really need to get cracking on, including a barely started Wiehenburg sampler, but I'll think about those a bit later.

This week I really do have cabin fever, I so much want to go to Paris, even though they tell me it is four degrees there. Actually I think I have to go out and buy a winter coat tomorrow, because otherwise I could freeze to death between the airport and home next Thursday! I hope Ulla Popken here has something I like. Today I am sitting here wearing a silk skirt and t-shirt, which is definitely not what I would be wearing in Paris.
 
posted by Ally at 10:41 am ¤ Permalink ¤


2 Comments:


  • At 11:36 am, Blogger Wendy

    Congratulations with finishing your project. Looks great.

    Bye, Wendy

     
  • At 11:10 pm, Blogger Kathryn in NZ

    Woohoo!! Way to go Aly :)
    What colour winter coat will you get? Please don't say black. I was horrified when I went to the UK/EU in winter. Everyone was in black or grey and it looked just so depressing. I refuse to wear dull colours when the weather is dull too, blech.
    Lecture over, kthnxbai
    :)