Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Cold, Cold Paris
Now we seem to be in the new Ice Age, it is about 12 degrees with an icy wind sweeping from somewhere, and there are bad storms in various parts of the country. I put on a jumper this morning (the one I used to wear in the winter in Cyprus), together with a raincoat and a scarf. However it does seem to have stopped raining for the moment, at least.

My return to work has not been too hideous, although I still wish I was on a project with David and Alec, as opposed to Madame - who appears to have done nothing while I was away. Suzette has been doing her best, but I think she is quite annoyed with Madame also. We had to deliver a new part of the PA report yesterday, which basically meant that I had to write it in one day. The final version needs to be done by the end of the week, so I will be busy. We need to spend one day out at the client site, as well, unfortunately, with the lady who picks her nose all the time.

As it is so cold, I started to knit a pair of socks from some of the yarn I bought at Loop in London - actually the guy in the shop was a keen sock knitter, he was wearing a lovely cabled pair he had knit himself. But these are just quite basic ones, no cables or anything, as I haven't knit a pair of socks for ages. The yarn is Opal sock yarn in green, peach, yellow, brown combination, doesn't that sound strange? But it knits up into stripes and patches of the different colours, it looks very nice, and so much easier than Fair Isle knitting. I have quite a bit of this yarn and similar ones, so I shall try to make a few pairs of socks before the winter.

Well, I must get on with writing.... although I am a bit distracted today, I am worried about David,I know he is in Belfast, but he doesn't seem to be on Skype or MSN, and I want to talk to him...
 
posted by Ally at 11:22 am ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments: